Welcome to Toledo!
Whether you’ve lived here your whole life or are new to town, you’re in for a treat. Toledo is a great community filled with all sorts of creative local businesses. And while we don’t like to pick favorites, we have to admit that we have a special place in our hearts for the exceptional roofing contractors in this city.
That’s why today we’ll be highlighting some of the best roofing work in the area. We’ll help you decide:
- Who to call
- When to call them
- What makes an exceptional roofer
Curious? Keep reading to learn all about the best Toledo roofing contractors.
When to Call a Roofing Contractor
As a property owner, you already know that a lot is expected of you. You have a mortgage to maintain, furniture to buy…not to mention the maintenance! And while you may know that it is important to fix a leaky sink or put a new air filter in your HVAC system, most of us don’t spend much time thinking about our roof.
If you are wondering whether or not it is time to call in a professional roofer to take a look at your roof, you’ll want to look for these key signs!
- Reoccuring Leaks – A roof leak is never a good sign. However, if leaks are happening frequently or reoccurring in the same spot, you may be due for a roof replacement. A professional will be able to assess your roof and offer a clear action plan.
- Age – The longevity of your roof depends on a number of factors, including the roofing materials used and how well they have been maintained. But at a certain point, almost all roofs will require replacement. Most residential roofs use asphalt shingles, which typically need to be replaced every 15-20 years.
- High Energy Bills – Energy bills skyrocketing for no apparent reason? It could be that your old roof is no longer as energy efficient as you want it to be. Installing a new roof can help you to keep heating and cooling costs low.
- Granule Loss – While all asphalt shingles lose granules over time if you are noticing a lot of black, gritty-looking sand in your gutters, you may need your shingles to be replaced.
How to Find a Quality Roofing Contractor
If you want a quality roofing experience, you can’t just hire anyone. However, the average homeowner doesn’t always know what to look for in a roofing contractor. Here are some things to look for in order to ensure that you only hire the best of the best!
- License – Any roofing company worth its salt will be licensed, bonded, and insured. This ensures that they are protected, as are you and your home. An honest roofer will be willing to show you documentation of their license and insurance, should you ask.
- Experience – These days, homeowners have more options than ever when it comes to choosing roofing materials. That said, each roofing style requires particular tools and skill sets in order to install properly. Make sure that the roofers that you choose have experience in your roofing style.
- Reviews – Checking out online reviews is a great way to get an honest picture of what you can expect when you work with a company. We recommend always reading reviews before hiring a company to work with you.
- Referrals – There’s no one you trust more than your friends and family. So why not ask them for a referral when it comes to finding a roofing contractor? Asking people in your circle is a great way to find a company that you will love.
5 Favorite Toledo Roofing Contractors
Ready to find the roofer of your dreams? Here are five of our favorite roofing companies in the area.
1) Shingle and Metal Roofs
We have to start this list off by highlighting our own incredible team at Shingle and Metal Roofs. We picked our name because it says it all. Whether you are looking for asphalt shingle and standing seam metal residential roofing or metal commercial roofing, we can help. With over 20+ years in the roofing industry, we. have the experience to help you get the roof you want.
⭐️ 4.8 on Google
Real Customer Review: “I heard about Shingle and Metal Roofs from a friend and I am shockingly impressed by the experience and customer service and quality of work done on both my friends roof and mine! Highly recommend them for anyone due to get their roof replaced!” – Ashley Coulter
2) Erie Home
If you are looking for a metal roof specialist in the Toledo, OH, area, Erie Home has you covered! They specialize in installing metal architectural shingles that look beautiful and last a long time.
⭐️ 4.5 on Google
Real Customer Review: “The install was done in a timely manner, looks great, and the crew was very professional. We are happy with the job that was done. – Al Williams
3) Blue Line Roofing
Blue Line Roofing is a great choice for all our home’s exterior needs. From roofing to siding and gutter installation, this is truly a team that does it all!
⭐️ 4.6 on Facebook
Real Customer Review: “This company reroofed our house in Indian River County at the end of December 2022. I cannot speak highly enough of the leadership and work ethic of the company. They were outstanding in their work, very honest in their dealings, and low in their prices. ” – Dan H.
4) Integrity Home Exteriors
When you want to boost your curb appeal, you need Integrity Home Exteriors. Their quality work includes everything from fixing a leaky roof to installing gutter guards and windows. When you work with them, you can be confident that you are getting a great company with great service.
⭐️ 4.7 on Google
Real Customer Review: “Integrity did a wonderful job from start to finish. What impressed me the most was their level of communication and responsiveness, I always felt informed and in the loop during the entire process. The positivity and professional attitude that the project manager and others in the company I interacted was very reassuring and helped make the project a more comfortable experience.” – Adam Lewandowski
5) Salinas Roofing
Salinas Roofing is here to tackle both your residential and commercial roofing projects! Their team is well-versed in a variety of different roofing materials to help you get superior results. Additionally, they also offer skylight and siding installation.
⭐️ 4.8 on Google
Real Customer Review: “Can’t say enough about how happy I am with Salinas Roofing!! From the thorough estimate that included a personal review of my options. Installation of my roof looks awesome!! The crew were very professional, cleanup was fantastic!! All representatives of the company get 5 stars. Would highly recommend!!” – Don Momenee
Work With the Best!
Still have questions about caring for your roof? Give the knowledgeable team at Shingle and Metal Roofing a call. Whether you are looking to learn more about your roofing options or to schedule an inspection, we are ready to help. Contact us today to receive a free estimate!